Dynamic Financial Planning’s Mission
- Our goal is to see all hospitals doing dynamic financial planning.
- We believe that more frequent financial planning based on summary level information that truly matters will provide simpler, more precise and powerful financial direction for a hospital.
- Our initial focus is the hospital and physician practice industry because of the experience and background of our founders. Dynamic financial planning will benefit all industries, so as interest arises, we will support new industries in their dynamic financial planning efforts.
- We offer a rolling quarterly forecast model that is simple to create and update. The model includes a full set of financial statements. Multiple scenarios are easily created and on the fly adjustments to changes in the business environment are easily made.
- Dynamic Financial Planning is unique in that we have implemented the rolling Six Quarter Forecast (6QF) model at more than a dozen hospitals. We know it works.
John Ross is the President of Dynamic Financial Planning. Previously he served as the Chief Financial Officer of Rural Community Hospitals of America, a CAH management company. From 2007 to 2011, Mr. Ross served as the Vice President of Finance for ThedaCare™, Appleton, WI, a community health system consisting of five hospitals, clinics and related services. From 2001 to 2007, he served as the Regional Vice President for QHR, LLC, Brentwood, TN, a hospital management company providing consulting, management and education resources to hospitals and health systems. From 1999 to 2001, he served as the Chief Financial Officer for Bay Area Medical Center, a 99-bed general and acute care hospital serving Marinette, WI and Menomonee, MI. From 1983 to 1999, he served as Vice President of Finance for Riverview Hospital, Wisconsin Rapids, WI, a 99-bed general and acute care hospital. From 1981 to 1983, Mr. Ross served as the Controller for Kettering Medical Center, Dayton, OH, a hospital system, including a tertiary teaching hospital and community hospital. Mr. Ross is a graduate of University of Michigan, MBA with an emphasis in Finance and Marketing, and of Andrews University, BA in Business Administration. He is licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in Michigan.
Several short posts have been made to John’s LinkedIn page. Click his profile below to read the posts. John will connect with anyone who is interested in keeping up with rolling six quarter forecasts, 6QF. Send him an invite once you get to LinkedIn by clicking on the link below.
Check me out onLinkedIn
Mr. Schott is the Director of Development for Dynamic Financial Planning, Inc. Previously he served as Chief Executive Officer of the Oklahoma Health Information Exchange Trust (OHIET). He served as Director, Rural Health Policy and Advocacy, and the Oklahoma Office of Rural Health, Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences. He has held positions as Legislative Liaison and HIV/STD Service Chief for the Oklahoma State Department of Health. Prior to his work there, Mr. Schott worked as Assistant Administrator of the Oklahoma Medical Center, a state teaching hospital. Mr. Schott has been an advocate for rural providers for over thirty years. He continues to be involved in community level strategic planning to improve rural health delivery systems. He is involved in research and policy analysis to insure access to quality health services for rural people in his home state of Oklahoma and the nation. He has served the National Rural Health Association as President, as a member of the Board of Trustees, Vice Chair of the Rural Health Policy Board, Chair of the Government Affairs Committee and Chair of the State Office Council. He has also served as President of the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health and was an organizing member of their Board. He has served on the Board of Directors of the City-County Health Department of Oklahoma County and a member of the Board of Directors for the Oklahoma Public Employees Retirement System. He holds a Master of Public Health with a focus in healthcare administration from the University of Oklahoma, a Bachelor of Sciences in Business from Oklahoma State University, and a Bachelor of Sciences in Accounting from the University of Central Oklahoma. He was an Adjunct Clinical Instructor of Family Medicine, College of Osteopathic Medicine, Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences.
Click here to check out Val's LinkedIn page.